MPH Student Handbook
School of Community Health Sciences
On behalf of the Faculty and Staff at the School of Community Health Sciences, we welcome you to the Master of Public Health (MPH) Program! This handbook can be used throughout your program to provide guidance for requirements, expectations, and opportunities within the School of Community Health Sciences (SCHS) and the Graduate School.
Programs of Study
The SCHS offers a Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) accredited Master of Public Health degree with specializations in Epidemiology, Social and Behavioral Health, Health Administration and Policy, and Biostatistics, in addition to a MD/MPH dual degree. Students graduating from a CEPH accredited program are eligible to sit for the national Certified in Public Health (CPH) exam.
The goal of the Master of Public Health program is to prepare students to be effective public health professionals. Public health professionals work in a variety of organizations and agencies to contribute to the common aim of promoting and protecting health in human populations.
For any program related questions or inquiries, please contact Graduate Director Dr. Roy Oman at email@example.com.
It is important for graduate students to be aware of the Graduate School's policies and procedures for graduate programs and to understand the policies relevant to their program contained in the General Catalog. For more information, visit the Graduate School website.
The following are the key points from Graduate School materials, plus additional guidelines relevant to the MPH program. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of and meet all requirements.
Table of Contents
- Overview of the Master of Public Health Program (MPH)
- New Student Checklist Leading Up To The First Fall Semester
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Culminating Experience
- Core Curriculum
- Curriculum for Biostatistics Area of Emphasis
- Curriculum for Epidemiology Area of Emphasis
- Curriculum for Health Administration and Policy Area of Emphasis
- Curriculum for Social and Behavioral Health Area of Emphasis
- Curriculum for MPH/MSN Dual Degree
- Curriculum for MD/MPH Dual Degree
- Curriculum for MD Residents
- Resources and Links
- Course Competencies
- MPH Handbook (PDF version)
- Master of Public Health (MPH) Online Degree