Public Health Ph.D. Student Handbook
New Student Information
A new student orientation is held after admission into the Ph.D. program to provide students with important information and to facilitate the start of their program. The orientation also allows students to be introduced to the UNR campus, faculty members, and to fellow students in the program.
University of Nevada Student ID and Communication
- After admission to UNR, students need to obtain and set up an account with MyNEVADA.
- Under "For Current Students," "Create My Profile", students can set up their university account, including providing an email address that will be used for all university and program communication. Use of the @nevada.unr.edu email address is required.
- Set up NetID and password at Net ID Activation
- This site assists students in activating their NetID and user password, which will be used to access MyNevada, WebCampus, and other university resources.
- Log into WebCampus with your UNR NetID to view course content and announcements.
- Purchase a WolfCard student ID
- Visit the WolfCard office on the second floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union, and bring a valid U.S. State or Federally issued photo ID or a passport to purchase a Wolfcard.
After admission into the Ph.D. program, an email will be sent to each student from the Office of Admissions and Records with a fall semester enrollment date. All students need to register for fall courses after discussion with and approval from the graduate program director or a faculty advisor. Students can register for classes at MyNEVADA.